Click above for photos and more info.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 14, 2012
Fans Respond to Aaron Freeman's 'Marvelous Clouds'
Aaron Freeman posted a cell number asking fans to text him directly with thoughts on new album 'Marvelous Clouds.' Over 2,000 poured in. Read some of them below, and the number is (609) 542-0751 if you want to send Aaron a message yourself.
- Jesus Christ, this is the most moving retrospective collection of tracks I have ever heard. Masterfully crafted. I feel older and wiser from just listening to it. In the best way possible. Can a thing feel nostalgic and fresh? Well Marvelous Clouds does to me. Again, many thanks
- Thanks for being the soundtrack to our families life. We can't stop playing MC! I know that you will keep making great music.
- The album is fan-fucking-tastic! It exceeded my expectations, which I didn't think was possible.
- Wow. Just wow. :-) Thank u for sharing your talent. My mother introduced me to Ween. I have been in love ever since. But this is just beautiful :-)
- Hi Aaron. The new album rules! So chilled out. I plan to play it the next time I make love to my girl. U should be proud of the album.
- Aaron, thank you for sharing Rod McKuen's poems/lyrics. Lost a friend yesterday, good music helps the healing process.
- Great album! Reminds me of a clockwork orange for some reason. Completely enthralling and captivating. Puts me in a better place. Thank you!
- I think my brain just had an orgasm! <3 marvelous clouds!
- Loving the album. It's been on repeat all day. Hope you're doing nothing short of awesome buddy.
- JUST finished! From Beautiful Strangers to the spoken word of Pushing the Clouds, it's a brilliant representation of McKuen's work. Thank you so much!!
- I always thought you were adoreable... cute.... quirky.... Marvelous Clouds says Aaron Freeman is SEXY!
- Aaron from one singer to another your talent is seriously under recognized! You have some of the best vocal phrasing in rock music, the new album is more exceptional work! Thanks for always raising the bar vocally!
- Hi, my name is Diana and I live in Korea. I wanted to tell you that I love Marvelous Clouds and it gets better ever time I listen to it. Congrats on getting sober, your music has changed my life. <3
- Thank you for sharing the link to Marvelous Clouds. I believe this to be one of the greatest things to happen to music in a very long time. Aaron has done nothing but amaze me with his solo work and I consider myself fortunate to have heard his music.
- Aaron, what a wonderfully peaceful album you've made. Lonesome Cities is spectacular. Please keep doing this.
- Thanks for the listen. It sounds like your singing from a good place. The production is consistent song to song and excellent. The whole project is classy and uplifting. It's time for your second act my friend!
- im listening to Marvelous Clouds while finishing up my novel and its really helping me bring it home. Thank you for the inspiration you've given me now, then, and always. Keep doing what you're doing, because its workin buddy!
- U are a hero, one of a kind. your music has helped me through every emotion, good and bad. i hope all is well with you, much love
- Thank you for sharing.I'm literally moved to tears.I had no idea Ron's lyrics are so sad and beautiful. And your voice sounds wonderful.
- While I absolutely enjoy all things WEEN, when I recieved your email and listened to the kaleidiscope of wonderful sounds, I was comforted by marvelous clouds!
- Did you know you have the same birthday as Billy Corgan and Kurt Russell? That's intense. Peace.
- I've had "Jean" on repeat all day at work, so much so that the coworkers are starting to give me strange looks.
- I want to use Jean as the first dance in my wedding next month. My fiancee is dead set on that Aerosmith song from Armageddon. What should I do?
- Well, I just finished listening to the album a second time. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I have that feeling you get when you meet someone you feel like you've known your whole life and know you're going to be great friends until your dying days. Thank you so much!!!
- Hey Aaron. I just finished listening to Marvelous Clouds, and I am blown away.. I didn't want it to end.. "Clouds are not the cheeks of angels you know".. I think Rod McKuen would be proud! Thank you so much:)
- I've listened to the new album once last night and twice at work today. I can't wait to get my record when it comes out. It's really great.
- Hey, if my dad dies, would you be willing to date my mom? She knows how to cook, and she loves the Ween. I'm going to buy her Marvelous Clouds for mother's day. You should consider it.
- Last night in Houston TX, I was finally able to witness Roger Waters perform The Wall and I didnt think life could get any better...then tonight..I got to listen to your Marvelous Clouds..and I was proven wrong…thank you Aaron.
- Congrats on an excellent album. It has so much heart and emotion. The strength and depth of the writing and music reminds me of Harry Chapin. Thank you so much for sharing. Cant wait to buy it.
- I enjoyed listening to your record album. I streamed it on my iPhone while swinging in my hammock that I keep on the roof of my office. I do enjoy my lunch breaks. I took in the sounds as I stared at the clouds that looked very reminiscent of those you've included on your album cover. Then my iPhone overheated because it was in the direct sunlight for too long and I had to shut it off. Then I peed on the roof and went back to work.
- Been going to ween shows for years, got your link for the album, just listened. This stuff is really good. Your delivery with the poem is spot on the guitar soloing enters on the beautiful strangers track I got shivers. Also you did very well with vocal harmonizing throughout the album, not over the top, just right amount. Btw I'm in recovery, good to hear you're looking for a new life.
- I'm at a place in my life where this album fits so well. I needed this more than I can express to you in text form. Can't wait to sit on the porch and reflect on days gone by and the beauty of the future! Thank you and congratulations!
- Aaron, truly beautiful album! Your voice sounds better than ever. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.
- Just listened to the album and it's outstanding. Glad to hear your voice on some fresh tracks, keep up the good work!
- Love the solo album, man. High praise. Always stoked for new WEEN, but this is a two-fer. Your first solo plus McKuen. Thank you.
- I just finished listening to your new record a couple of times and it's fantastic. Really looking forward to its official release. The vocals stick out really beautifully. You've been a big inspiration since I first got into your tunes at the age of 14. I hope to shake your hand one of these days.
- U stayed true and i love it. Kinda takes me back in time when songs ere poetry. Great stuff Aaron.
- The new album is amazing. This is truly on par with Nilsson Sings Newman. Beautiful interpretations. Thank you
- Marvelous Clouds = brilliant! I was woefully unaware of McKuen 'til now, thanks for the musical introduction. Your voice fits perfectly with it.
- Marvelous Clouds is really cheering me up. I've been having a rough few months and it puts a glint back in my eye.
- Your new album is just lovely and inspiring! I love it. Congrats and keep up the amazing work :)
- Aaron, I'm on my 4th listen of your solo album. The vibe to it hits so pleasantly hard. Perfect way to celebrate my 12 month sobriety!