21 August, 2016Print
ABOUT COMEDY DYNAMICS"An emerging and intriguing player in the comedy space…the next generation of the comedy impresario business." – Forbes
- In 2017 New Wave Entertainment moved Comedy Dynamics into a newly created full service entertainment entity, The Nacelle Company, LLC. Brian Volk-Weiss, the founder and president of Comedy Dynamics, has been elevated to CEO of the new company and will oversee all operations.
- The Nacelle Company will operate with multiple departments including pre and postproduction, management, development, as well as distribution. Nacelle is working on projects with Netflix, HBO, Discovery, Animal Planet, Hulu, Seeso, EPIX, MTV, HISTORY, Legendary, PBS, Lifetime, UCP and more.
- Nacelle and Comedy Dynamics have major broadcast and streaming productions in 2016 into 2017 such as: Animal Planet’s Animal Nation with Anthony Anderson, Seeso’s There’s … Johnny, MTV2’s Wild ‘N On Tour, Hulu’s Coming To The Stage, HISTORY’s 50 Years of Star Trek, HISTORY’s Kevin Hart Presents: The Black Man's Guide to History.
- The company works with a wide range of established and emerging comedians including: Kevin Hart, Louis C.K., Aziz Ansari, Jim Gaffigan, Bill Burr, Katt Williams, Whitney Cummings and many more.
- Titles from its catalog are publicly available at outlets including: Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, Roku, Seeso, Amazon, SIRIUS XM, Vimeo, E One Entertainment, Tubi TV, Hoopla, In Demand, PPV, IndieFlix, Kanopy, Pluto Tv, Starz, Xumo, PopcornFlix and Sonifi.
- Officially launched in July 2007, the Grammy award-winning Comedy Dynamics Records will continue to operate as the comedy label, now housed under Nacelle.
- Comedy Dynamics has earned the title of #1 independent comedy production/distribution house in North America.
- Comedy Dynamics has 700+ titles in its catalog.
- Comedy Dynamics now has one of the biggest privately-owned stand-up libraries, with new productions filmed with both virtual reality technology as well as in 4k.
- Comedy Dynamics produced 50+ specials in 2016, nearly doubling its output from two years ago and out producing its closest competitors 7:1.
- In 2016, Comedy Dynamics earned a GRAMMY award for Best Comedy Album for the release 'Louis C.K.: Live At Madison Square Garden.’
- In 2016 Comedy Dynamics acquired the Ken Weinstock Catalog, including shows with Dave Chappelle, Adam Sandler, Denis Leary, Tim Allen, and Chris Rock as well as the show Full Frontal Comedy.
- In 2016 Comedy Dynamics also acquired exclusive rights to the Sam Kinison collection of broadcast specials, home-movies, the Grammy award-winning album and rarely seen footage for broadcast, video, digital platforms.
- Comedy Dynamics has exclusive broadcast deals with Sirius XM for a number of shows.
- The company will be releasing their first Spanish language albums in 2017.
- Griffin Gmelich, Former Hulu Exec, joined the company in 2016 as Head Biz Dev and Distribution.
- Queens-born and Burbank-based 40-year-old founder Brian Volk-Weiss oversees all aspects of the production house from scouting locations to negotiating distribution for comedy specials. At home, he's a father of two young children (Washington & Grant), an avid Sun Records collector, a self-proclaimed Star Wars obsessive and keeper of a 65lb East African Land Tortoise.
- Comedy Dynamics has been featured in INC. Magazine, Forbes, Crain’s Variety. The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Fortune Live, The Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur and more.