30 January, 2017Print
LEAD ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE POSITION AT SHORE FIRE MEDIA
Shore Fire Media is looking to hire a savvy, energetic and well-connected PR professional with 3-5 years PR work experience. This position is for a lead account executive working primarily on Shore Fire’s non-artist-focused, ideas-oriented roster including: trade organizations, general entertainment, technology/start-ups, books/media, entrepreneurs, venues/festivals, non-profit etc...
Shore Fire Media is a top entertainment PR firm with a focus on music. We are are a mid-sized agency with a diverse staff of 24 in Brooklyn and Nashville (the position is for our Brooklyn office). In 2016, we were named New York’s #1 “Arts/Culture/Media” firm by New York Observer.
Who You Are:
• You’re well connected in the Music Industry and Entertainment PR fields and carry an impressive contact list.
• You're a true multitasker, with the ability to juggle and support a variety of projects including editorial content, tentpole projects, breaking news etc...
• You've worked closely with a diverse team for a number of different needs – from prepping executives with talking points for a presentation, to collaborating with a content team on strategy.
• You have your finger on the pulse of industry trends and are able to determine where thought leadership needs to be cultivated.
• You are a strong writer and quick on your feet (ex. able to make swift and strategic revisions on pitches, press releases and also talking points for the team).
• You’re strategic and understand news cycles in this ever changing social media driven world.
• You understand and drive content creation- what makes a great photo or video.
• You’re media obsessed and stay on top of entertainment, business, music, music trade outlets.
What You Have:
• 3-5 years of similar experience, with a PR agency, media company, music trade business or organization.
• Deep music industry knowledge and familiarity with trending issues such as streaming, music publishing, touring.
• Track record as a project leader and an ability to manage relationships with myriad individuals/styles at various levels within the organization
• Have events and talent relations experience, have created and managed guest lists, navigated red carpet, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to write press material for complicated subjects including press releases, pitch letters, background material (bios, Q&As, talking points)
• Impressive client relations & interpersonal skills – you can brief top execs, foster relationships with content teams, and be solid support for your immediate team members.
• Flexible, independent and a problem solver that doesn't get flustered easily under even the most high-pressure and fast-paced situations.
• Your organizational skills are impeccable – you pride yourself on keeping track of fine details and never missing a beat.
• Skills and familiarity with latest PR tools and technology - methods of measurement.
To Apply for this position, please send to email@example.com, Attention: Mark Satlof in the subject line:
• Cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position
• 4-6 of additional written material - mix of pitch letters, press releases, talking points, bios, personal writing (blog, etc)
• Links or samples of (personal blog, design work, photographs)
Benefits include: medical, dental, 401k, competitive salary and generous commission structure