8 May, 2017Print
OZY Media Announces Second Annual OZY Fest
LINEUP INCLUDES POP STAR JASON DERULO, COMEDIAN SAMANTHA BEE, AUTHORS MALCOLM GLADWELL AND TA-NEHISI COATES, SUPER BOWL MVP VON MILLER, HBO’S ISSA RAE, CELEBRITY CHEF EDDIE HUANG, AWARD WINNING JOURNALIST KATIE COURIC AND MANY MORE
Saturday, July 22nd 2017; Rumsey Playfield In NYC's Central Park
Mountain View, CA—May 8, 2017—OZY Media, the daily information source for important stories told nowhere else, announced today the second annual OZY FEST to take place Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 at Rumsey Playfield in New York City’s Central Park (OZY.com/ozyfest2017).
OZY FEST, described by The New York Times as “part music festival, part TED talk, part food fair,” features entertainers, innovators, and thought leaders on the cutting edge. This year’s lineup includes pop star Jason Derulo, comedian Samantha Bee, authors Malcolm Gladwell and Ta-Nehisi Coates, NFL linebacker and Super Bowl MVP Von Miller, HBO’s Issa Rae, celebrity chef Eddie Huang, award winning journalist Katie Couric, and many more.
“OZY FEST gives you a delicious taste of all the things you care about,” says Carlos Watson, OZY co-founder and CEO. “When else can you be in the heart of New York City, in Central Park with the biggest stars, best chefs, and brightest thinkers. Come ready to eat, think, and rock, and you’ll come away smarter, fresher, and better than before.”
OZY FEST is something you experience — not something you just attend. Last year’s inaugural event attracted nearly 5,000 guests who interacted with art, engaged with provocative speakers, tasted inventive food and partied to live music, all in one place. In 2016, the festival featured music headliners Will.i.am, Wyclef Jean and Andra Day; a conversation with Broad City's Abbi Jacobson & Ilana Glazer; panel discussions with Senator Cory Booker, Karl Rove, Malcolm Gladwell; art exhibits with Kazuhiro Tsuji; and food from celeb Chef Alex Guarnaschelli. Watch a recap video here:
Tickets to OZY FEST 2017 will be available for limited purchase on http://www.ticketfly.com/ starting Monday May 8. General admission tickets are $50.00, and VIP passes are $125.00 and include an exclusive viewing lounge, beer, wine, and snacks.
Performances and Conversations with Musicians, Comedians and Entertainers:
- Jason Derulo; singer songwriter
- Issa Rae; actress, writer and star of hit show ‘Insecure’ on HBO
- RuPaul; Emmy award winning TV star of ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ on VH1
- Zara Larsson; singer songwriter
- Talib Kweli; hip hop recording artist, entrepreneur, and social activist
Thought Leadership Presentations, Panels and Discussions From:
- Samantha Bee; comedian and host of ‘Full Frontal with Samantha Bee’ on TBS
- Malcolm Gladwell; journalist and best-selling author, The Tipping Point, Blink
- Katie Couric; Award winning journalist and Yahoo! Global News Anchor
- Ta-Nehisi Coates; author and journalist; National Correspondent for The Atlantic
- Adam Grant; professor at UPenn’s Wharton School of Business; best-selling author, Originals and Give and Take
- Van Jones; CNN political contributor, author and social activist
- Von Miller; linebacker for the Denver Broncos, 2015 Super Bowl MVP
- Whitney Wolfe; Founder & CEO of Bumble, Co-founder of Tinder
- Grover Norquist; Founder and president of Americans for Tax Reform
- Michael Moe; Founder, Chairman, and CEO of GSV Asset Management
Mouth-watering food inventions and demonstrations From:
- Eddie Huang; world renowned restaurateur, chef, food personality, and author
Outrageous Live Performance Art and Exhibits From:
- London Kaye; street artist and crochet artist
To learn more visit:
About OZY Media
With 25 million monthly unique users and 2 million subscribers, OZY brings readers “the new and the next,” offering 100% original content, with a focus on the future, via unique OZY News, OZY Magazine, OZY TV and OZY Events products. Called “the new media magnet for the news hungry” by Fortune magazine, OZY’s in-depth and high-quality journalism has attracted a number of high-profile media partners including The New York Times, NPR, PBS NewsHour, TED, The Financial Times, The Huffington Post and many more, as well as guest editors including Bill Gates, President Bill Clinton, and Prime Minister Tony Blair.
Founded in 2013 by Emmy award winning journalist Carlos Watson and co-founder Samir Rao, the OZY team is based in Mountain View, CA and backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Laurene Powell Jobs, Ron Conway, David Drummond, Larry Sonsini and Dan Rosensweig and a significant investment from publishing giant Axel Springer.