14 September, 2021Print
JUNIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE JOB LISTING
ABOUT THE ROLE
Shore Fire Media is looking for a sharp and ambitious Junior Account Executive to join our team. We’re looking for someone with a deep knowledge of pop culture, music industry, and/or media, and has the ability to handle a multi-faceted client roster that will include some or all of the following: corporate business, pop culture figures, music industry companies, authors, entrepreneurs, non-profits, cultural institutions, venues, musicians, festivals and more. The candidate must reside in the NY area at the time that in-person company operations resume.
ABOUT SHORE FIRE MEDIA
Shore Fire is a thriving 30+ person company with publicists in Brooklyn, Nashville, and Los Angeles. We represent artists, culture makers, and businesses at the top of their fields. Shore Fire has represented recipients of Pulitzer Prizes, Fast Company “Most Innovative” lists, Academy Awards, Kennedy Center Honors, Emmy Awards, Tony Awards, Golden Globe Awards and the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. Our clients consistently top bestseller lists and receive major awards, including more than 100 GRAMMY wins.
Our company culture is focused on learning by doing and we have a strong history of promoting staff from within. Multiple current staff began at Shore Fire as interns or entry level employees.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- A minimum of one year of music, music business and/ or entertainment PR experience
- You have pitched, secured, and seen through media commitments
- Ability to take direction and commitment to outstanding performance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exemplary writing, communication and storytelling skills
- Must excel in time management, organization, pay attention to details, take initiative and problem solve in a demanding, fast paced work environment
- Insatiable curiosity for pop culture, and a voracious consumer of media and news.
- Please note if you have any special skills and/or talents such as photography, videography, design, content creation, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Jump into working on working on multiple publicity campaigns on day one through administrative duties and pitching
- Help with drafting written material: press notes, press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, talking points, etc.
- Oversee campaign reports and press clippings.
- Pitch and secure media placements.
- Schedule, set-up and facilitate in-person, virtual, and/or phone interviews, conferences and artist appearances with media partners. Oversee logistics of appearances, interviews, virtual showcases and events.
- Coordinate client activities and press schedules with teams.
- Keep track of all online client activity - monitor social media, websites, and other pages daily
- Contribute to our media databases by sharing updates, changes and additions
- You will be working closely with two - three senior publicists.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include a resume, cover letter detailing your experience and the campaigns you were involved in and 2 -3 writing samples (press releases, bios, and other publicity writing) to email@example.com. Personal portfolio or other example of your skills if applicable. Salary based on experience. This position is full-time and includes benefits.
Shore Fire is devoted to being an equal opportunity workplace and committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, or disability.