19 November, 2021Print
Natalie Hemby To Perform On CBS Saturday Morning, November 27Talks 'Pins And Needles' On World Cafe
Watch the full World Cafe session, HERE
'Pins and Needles' vinyl available on December 3rd
2x GRAMMY winner Natalie Hemby released her “powerful” (NPR) sophomore record ‘Pins and Needles’ on October 8th. Next Saturday, November 27th, Hemby will perform songs from ‘Pins and Needles’ on CBS Saturday Morning and continue her enthralling interview with CBS Mornings’ Anthony Mason which began with an episode that aired on October 7th.
This week, she joined Jessie Scott on World Cafe to chat about the album praised by The New York Times, Pitchfork, Vulture and many more.
Hemby performs the title track, first single “Heroes,” “It Takes One To Know One” and “Hardest Part About Business." Listen to the full session, HERE.
Hemby discusses these topics on World Cafe:
- Her songwriting partners including Brothers Osborne, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris and more
- What she learned about writing songs for herself after years of writing songs for other artists
- Why she prefers writing music for albums vs writing hit songs
- How Amy Grant has influenced her throughout her life and their family ties
- Being a founding member of The Highwomen with Maren Morris, Brandi Carlile and Amanda Shires
- The relationship dynamic between her and husband Mike Wrucke when working together in the studio
- How she fell into the “family business” of music making and how Roy Orbison’s wife Barbara helped launch her career
‘Pins and Needles’ will be available on vinyl on December 3rd. Vinyl pre-order is available now, HERE. Special vinyl exclusives are available at Vinyl Me Please (color), Magnolia Record Club (signed + color), Indie Retail (signed), D2C (color + bundles) and Bandcamp. For more information, visit nataliehemby.com.