Today, Ari Herstand, entrepreneur, musician, educator and author of the Amazon best-seller “How To Make It in the New Music Business” launches the new season of his podcast New Music Business. The second season will continue Ari’s long-standing efforts in empowering other artists to have successful careers of their own through engaging conversations that cover wide-reaching aspects of the music business.
Each Wednesday, Ari and his guests will discuss new topics spanning sync licensing and music production to artist management and the future of streaming. Guests from season one included Grammy-winning musicians, world-renowned journalists and key players in the music business. Notable names include KCRW DJ Chris Dourides, Patreon CEO Jack Conte and music supervisor for the hit show Euphoria Jen Malone.
For season two, Ari has lined up preeminent figures in the industry, including:
- Mothica, viral TikTok musician
- Tracy Patrick Chan, Head of Music at Twitch
- Brian Vickers, music supervisor at Disney
- Jessica Severn, art director at Scooter Braun's SB Projects
- Dina LaPolt, music attorney and writer of the Music Modernization Act
- Cory Wong, guitarist for Vulfpeck and Stephen Colbert’s in-studio band
- Ari Nisman, booking agent, Degy Entertainment (#1 military and college agency)
- Winslow Bright, music supervisor, actor, and recording artist
In New Music Business, Ari deconstructs the brightest minds in the music industry, digging deep to find the tools, tactics and strategies that listeners can use to run successful careers of their own. Ari offers straight talk with no fluff and doesn’t let his guests off easy. New Music Business is available on Spotify, Apple Music, Stitcher, Acast and YouTube.