14 August, 2019Print
Qobuz Celebrates Six Months of Success in US
Qobuz, the certified Hi-Res streaming and download hybrid service, today celebrates six months of success in the US. In this time, it has become the music streaming service of choice for US music aficionados by taking a listener-first, genre-focused approach and offering the most Hi-Res available anywhere.
Finally offering an app that connects the 32M+ audience of listeners interested in high-quality audio in the US (MusicWatch) with the ease of streaming, Robert H. Levi of audiophile site Positive Feedback and president of the Los Angeles and Orange County Audio Society, raved “It is about time a streaming service offered authentic 24 bit uncompressed music. Welcome to America, Qobuz!”
Here is what Qobuz has accomplished in just six months:
- It’s become an integral part of the US audio community, signing marketing and content deals with all top audio manufacturers, and chosen as the Official Streaming Service by every top audio show in the US since launch. It's participating in a huge international audiophile download sale this month, too - see HERE
- It's secured exclusive Hi-Res streaming for the likes of TOOL and King Crimson (two of the most highly anticipated artists to be heard in Hi-Res), for the first time ever, in full 24-bit / up to 96 kHz quality.
- Heavy traction in the jazz world - jazz is the third most listened to genre on Qobuz, it's highly-overrepresented in the catalog, and Qobuz is the only app to feature detailed jazz metadata and exclusive editorial content (like this annotated playlist from Grammy-winning Coltrane historian Ashley Kahn).
- It’s Jazziz’ streaming service of choice, too- check out a Jazziz-curated playlist HERE.
- US-original, exclusive, immersive editorial content from top music journalists like Robert Baird, Tom Moon, and Brian Raftery on topics spanning from specific artists to subgenres and albums. And with a new Abromorama deal just signed, Qobuz will be the home to exclusive annotated playlists curated by music documentary creators and music film experts.
- Mainstream press features in Rolling Stone's Hot Issue, Billboard, CNET, USA Today, and winner of the Absolute Sound 2019 Golden Ear Award.
Founded in 2007, Qobuz is a Paris-based commercial online music streaming and downloading service that addresses the needs of curious and discerning music lovers across the globe. Live in eleven European markets and now the US, Qobuz offers an exceptional range of music genres as well as exclusive editorial content independently curated by a team of experts. Qobuz offers subscriptions to streaming services with genuine CD quality audio of more than 40-million tracks and millions of Hi-Res tracks up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution from all genres. For more information: www.qobuz.com.