Big Yellow Dog Music
Click on photo to download high resolution version
All rights reserved. Photos are for editorial use only.
Press Releases View All
Clare Dunn's Fearless Femininity Shines On ‘Real Thing’ EP Out Tomorrow (2.12)Read More
Logan Mize And Clare Dunn Channel Their Trucking Roots In New “Get ‘Em Together” Music VideoRead More
Big Yellow Dog Music Congratulates 2020 CMA, ASCAP & BMI Winners Maren Morris And Josh KearRead More
Big Yellow Dog Music is an independent music publishing and artist development company based in Nashville, TN. Over its 20 years of experience, it has been recognized with such accolades as 37 No. 1 songs, four Song of the Year awards (ACM, BMI, and two ASCAP), an ASCAP Global Award, five ASCAP/BMI Pop Awards, and the 2017 AIMP Independent Publisher of the Year award. Big Yellow Dog artist-writers have won 10 GRAMMYs (including Best New Artist and all-genre Song of the Year “Need You Now”) and received an additional 14 GRAMMY nominations.
Its catalog includes songs performed by Meghan Trainor, Maren Morris, Lady Antebellum, Demi Lovato, Rascal Flatts, Luke Bryan, Charlie Puth, Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Lane, Jason Derulo, Florida Georgia Line, DJ Khaled, Dierks Bentley, Cole Swindell, Fifth Harmony, Michael Bublé, Josh Turner, and others.
Big Yellow Dog's film, television, and brand division had more than 400 placements in both 2016 and 2017, including uses by Big Little Lies, JCPenney, How to Get Away With Murder, Shades of Blue, HP, Mad Max: Fury Road, Moana, The Peanuts Movie, T-Mobile, and The Edge of Seventeen.
Carla Wallace Bio
As co-owner and CEO of Big Yellow Dog Music, Carla Wallace has overseen day-to-day operations since launching it in 1998 with co-owner Kerry O'Neil. She leads a current songwriter roster that includes four-time GRAMMY-winning songwriter Josh Kear, GRAMMY-winning artists Meghan Trainor and Maren Morris, and many more. Billboard called her “The Innovator” in its 2017 Country Power Players issue, noting her expansion into artist development and her dedication to hand-crafting each success.
Kerry O'Neil Bio
Before launching Big Yellow Dog Music with Carla Wallace in 1998, Kerry O'Neil co-founded Little Big Town Music, an independent music publisher that achieved 17 No. 1 songs and had songs recorded by notable artists including Faith Hill, Waylon Jennings, Reba McEntire, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, and Neil Diamond. O'Neil also co-founded Warner Western Records, a joint venture with Warner Bros. Records that produced Native American music, Western music, and cowboy poetry. One of Billboard’s Country Power Players in 2017, O’Neil has worked as a pop producer agent and an artist manager, and he is a founding member of the entertainment consulting and business firm of O'Neil Hagaman, PLLC. He specializes in strategic planning and negotiating for publishers, artists, and entrepreneurs.
- All Access (20 Dogs for 20 Years)
- All Access (Christy McDonald signing)
- All Access (Emery Dobyns signing)
- Billboard (Indie Publishers)
- Billboard (Power Players)
- Billboard (Publishing Briefs)
- Billboard (The Innovator)
- Billboard (Women in Music 2018 Executives List)
- Billboard (Women in Music 2019 Executives List)
- Country Aircheck (20 Dogs for 20 Years)
- Country Aircheck (Big Yellow Dog Lets Music Lead)
- Music Consultant
- MusicRow (Christy McDonald signing)
- MusicRow (Daniel Tashian / McDonough Management signing)
- MusicRow (Dave Pittenger signing)
- MusicRow (Emery Dobyns signing)
- American Songwriter ('The Other Side' premiere)
- American Songwriter (Surviving The Music Industry write-up)
- Faherty Brand (Sun Session)
- Sound Vapors Podcast
- Surviving The Music Industry Podcast
- Sounds Like Nashville ('Honestly' Acoustic EP premiere)
- Taste of Country (El Paso performance)
- The Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO)