Bio : Rockabye Baby!
About Rockabye Baby!
- Rockabye Baby was created in 2006 after Lisa Roth, VP and Creative Director of CMH Label Group, was unable to find any adult friendly gifts for an expectant friend. "I wanted to give something I was excited to hand someone. Something that I would appreciate receiving." As both a record label executive and a fan of music, she came up with the idea for lullaby renditions of your favorite pop, rock and hip hop artists, a baby product that is for the parent as well as their little ones.
- CMH Label Group, Rockabye Baby's parent company, was founded in Los Angeles in 1975 by Martin Haerle and Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith.
- The first releases -- 'Lullaby Renditions of Metallica', 'Lullaby Renditions of Radiohead' and ‘Lullaby Renditions of Coldplay’-- were released on August 29th, 2006.
-Rockabye Baby releases 6 to 8 albums per year with nearly 100 albums released since 2006.
- Genres covered include heavy metal, rock, hip-hop, R&B, grunge, modern rock, punk and reggae.
- Only The Beatles and U2 have two full lullaby albums each.
-Rockabye Baby has also released three compilations, 'Good Day, Goodnight, ‘Good Baby, Bad Baby,' and 'Birthday Party,' the latter celebrating the series' ten-year anniversary with party themed songs.
- Releases have included songs from the ‘50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s and 2010s.
- CDs are available in boutiques and stores worldwide, as well as Amazon, iTunes and all streaming platforms.
- When choosing artists, Roth appreciates a bit of humor, telling People Magazine "The greater the irony an artist’s name brings, the better!"
About CMH Label Group
As a child in Stuttgart, Germany, Martin Haerle fell in love with the bluegrass and country music he heard on American Armed Forces Radio. Infatuated by the high-lonesome sound, Haerle set off for America in search of his musical heroes. Starting in the mailroom of Starday Records in Nashville, he ascended the company ladder to become Vice President of the legendary country label in its early-1960s heyday.
In 1975, Martin Haerle founded CMH Records in Los Angeles with renowned guitarist Arthur “Guitar Boogie” Smith. They set about signing the greatest names in bluegrass and established a roster unparalleled in the field. Lester Flatt, The Osborne Brothers, Jim & Jesse, Mac Wiseman, Carl Story, Don Reno, The Bluegrass Cardinals, The Stonemans, Josh Graves, Eddie Adcock, and many others recorded some of their finest work for CMH during the 1970s and 1980s. CMH was home to Country Music Hall-of-Famers Merle Travis and Grandpa Jones, honky-tonkers Carl & Pearl Butler, guitar giant Joe Maphis and fiddle masters Johnny Gimble, Buddy Spicher, and Benny Martin.
Martin Haerle unexpectedly passed away in 1990. His youngest son David left his job as a talent agent to head the label. A child of rock and roll, David combined his musical passions with the label’s bluegrass roots, and the Pickin’ On Series was born. Featuring bluegrass tributes to artists like Metallica, Green Day, and Modest Mouse, the Pickin’ On series has proved to be enduringly popular. CMH continued to record new and familiar voices, with releases showcasing the legendary talents of artists such as Wanda Jackson, Raul Malo and David Lee Roth.
As CMH expanded its musical reach, new labels were formed to house its diverse offerings. The award-winning Rockabye Baby series creates lullaby renditions of rock classics. Seen in the pages of The New York Times, People, and Entertainment Weekly, and on episodes of Ellen and The Talk, Rockabye Baby makes rock music baby-friendly and kids music adult-friendly. Vitamin String Quartet [VSQ] is a top-selling collective of classical musicians who create cutting-edge string renditions of modern and classic rock songs. Their virtuoso takes on artists such as Metallica, Radiohead and Lady Gaga have helped them amass an incredible fanbase, sell millions and garner appearances on hit TV shows. CMH Label Group is home to the heavy metal of Dwell, as well as the rap and punk of Crosscheck and OCD. The label group also offers up Hushabye Baby’s lullaby renditions of country favorites and has explored the indie rock world with releases from Violent Femmes, members of Black Flag, and more on The Secret Life of Records. There are many more exciting and innovative subsidiary labels to be found in the CMH catalog.